Time & Location
May 14, 2021, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. MDT
About the Event
Once you RSVP the zoom link will be sent in a confirmation email
Slack Channel: #bootcamp_storytelling_derrick_turk
"What happens in Vegas should stay in Vegas: honest story-telling with data"
Las Vegas, Nevada. It's a vast over-21 amusement park - and a masterclass in how to communicate narratives about data and statistics less than honestly. In this session, we'll consider how - and how not - to honestly and effectively share narratives discovered in data.
Derrick W. Turk is the founder of and a principal consultant at terminus, a consultancy and custom software development organization launched in 2013. The company's focus is on solving difficult problems with data-driven solutions in energy, finance, and other industries.
We provide expertise and implementation assistance to solve challenges like:
- Applying machine learning to characterize and optimize asset performance
- Developing robust data architectures to provide high-quality, validated, and fast data access to data science tools and projects
- Implementing software libraries and APIs for high-performance and robust engineering calculations
- Creating strategies to maximize the value extracted from existing data sources
- Choosing among the bewildering array of technologies available for data management, data science and machine learning, and software development